Friends & Competitors
TaskRatchet isn’t the only option around! If you find TaskRatchet interesting, we think you’ll
like these tools, too. Have a tool you think should be included in this list? Submit a pull request.
In addition to the services on this page, Beeminder has been keeping a similar list since 2012 (long before TaskRatchet existed) for their own friends and competitors. You can find theirs here: Aiding and Abetting
- Boss as a Service - “We make sure you achieve your goals. We keep you accountable. You get stuff done.”
- Complice - “Complice is for making meaningful progress every day.”
- Beeminder - “Your goals can be anything quantifiable — weight, pushups, minutes
spent on Facebook, points on Duolingo. Answer with your number when Beeminder asks — or connect a device/app below to
auto-report — and we’ll show your progress and a Yellow Brick Road to follow to stay on track. If you go off track, you
pledge money to stay on the road the next time. If you go off track again, we charge you.”
- commits.to - “Create a commitment by constructing a URL like “alice.commits.to/send_the_report”
and just by clicking on such a URL, a commitment is logged here.”
- stepbet - “Achieve your fitness goals by putting real money on the line. Connect your favorite fitness tracker and beat your personalized step goals to win.”
- stickK - “By asking our users to sign Commitment Contracts, stickK helps users define their
goal (whatever it may be), acknowledge what it’ll take to accomplish it, and leverage the power of putting money on the
line to turn that goal into a reality.”
- Work Or Pay - “Meet Your Goals Or Pay The Price. Set goals. Form contracts. Pay the penalty if you fail.”
- Amazing Marvin - “Marvin incorporates principles from behavioral psychology to help you
beat procrastination, feel in control and finish your to-do list.”
- Habitica - “Habitica is a free habit-building and productivity app that treats your real life like a game. With in-game rewards and punishments to motivate you and a strong social network to inspire you, Habitica can help you achieve your goals to become healthy, hard-working, and happy.”
- Notion - “We’re more than a doc. Or a table. Customize Notion to work the way you do.”
- Taskwarrior - “Taskwarrior is Free and Open Source Software that manages your TODO list
from the command line. It is flexible, fast, and unobtrusive. It does its job then gets out of your way.”
- Todoist - “Regain clarity and calmness by getting all those tasks out of your head and onto
your to-do list (no matter where you are or what device you use).”
- Delay - A chrome extension that requires you wait a period of time before visiting a distracting website.
- Leechblock - A flexible browser extension for blocking distracting websites.
- Mindful Internet Use - A chrome extension that prompts you to breathe and decide how much time you’ll spend before visiting a distracting website.